Thursday 23 August 2012

Shaun Tan at the book festival

Me and Shaun Tan

My books "The red Tree" and Eric" were signed - he even did some doodles for me too :) (the red tree on the left is his fingerprint stamped!)


My second trip to the book festival within a few days this time to see illustrator Shaun Tan. Was soo excited to see him today as he's been one of my biggest inspirations. 
He gave a talk on how he got into illustration (explaining how he was an introvert which led him to being inside alot and drawing) and his past and current work - explaining the meaning behind his work. He explained how his work was very personal to him often the themes running in his books were to do with belonging - which he often struggled with. I found his talk very engaging and inspiring, giving me confidence to keep practising more drawing. I feel very lucky to hear from such an amazing illustrator.


No comments:

Post a Comment